DRIVE Life Science Business Incubator
Call for new start-ups!
Application open June 12 to August 25
Grow your Health or Life Science Business Start-up in a unique environment.
Through the incubator DRIVE at KI Innovations you get the opportunity to develop your business idea, build your network and grow your start-up in a community of Health and Human Life Science start-ups, supported by your coach and our extensive expert network.
Start-ups in the Human Health Life Science field with a validated science-based business idea and a core team with the ambition to grow a scalable business with global potential.
Application opens 12 June 2023!
What do you receive?
- Support in business development, pitch training, market, regulatory, and pricing strategy, network building, team development and exposure to financing and partnering opportunities.
- During the fall 2023-winter 2024 the start-up participates in a hands-on entrepreneurial programme resulting in a sharpened business plan
- Participation in the yearly DRIVE InvestorDay, DRIVE TeamDay and DRIVE HealthDay, and get exposure at partnering/financing events.
- DRIVE-community co-learning activities and seminar series
- Access to sponsored co-working space (time limited) on KI campus at AWL Innomedicum
- An individual business advisor assigned and possibility to apply for co-financing of selected business development activities.
What do you need to invest?
The start-up signs up for one year at a time for a maximum of three years. Annual progress evaluation decides yearly continuation. You are expected to invest significant time in your team, your company, and be part of the community. You also accept that you need to report back to KI Innovations and Vinnova on progress.
What does it cost?
The DRIVE-membership is currently free of charge. DRIVE is financed by Karolinska Institutet and partners as well as by the Vinnova Excellens program.
The assessment is based on the application and interview by KI Innovations and an evaluation by an external advisory board.
Who can apply?
USP: The company should be based on the innovation being Novel, Unique and Evidence based.
Product area: Human Health Life Sciences. This is a broad definition and includes for example: Healthcare, eHealth (incl. AI/ML), Medtech, Diagnostics, Pharma and Biotech etc.
Team: The company has an active, dedicated, and coachable CEO and core team.
Market: Products should be targeted towards going global, but no current recurring sales.
Sustainability: Companies aiming to reach global sustainability (SDG2030) goals.
The DRIVE-membership is based on Vinnova target group criteria and state (GBER22) support regulations, where guidelines apply. Below is an extract of some criteria:
Company age: Maximum 5 years and registered in Sweden.
Ownership: Majority ownership by founders
Important dates 2023*
JUNE 12 Application period opens
JUNE 13 and 29 Info meeting at 12-13, digital viaTeams
AUG 25, midnight Application deadline
AUG 28 – SEPT 22 Evaluation period
SEP 27 – 29 Pitching & Interviews of selected candidates
- Book placeholder for this already now!
OCT 2 Final evaluation
OCT 3 – 6 Admission decision and Sign-up
OCT 18 KICK OFF and workshop Fall 2023
OCT- JAN 2024 CATALYZER – Entrepreneurial training
JAN 2024 CATALYZER program final & pitch
FEB 2024 Matching with Individual DRIVE Business Coach
*all dates are approximate
Note: We plan for both digital and physical workshops and events.
Interested to apply? Please contact Christina Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org